Day 4 [Burnaby]

Today we went down to the Quay at New Westminster. It was a cloudy day, but the probability of precipitation was 40% which was in our favour as it didn't rain when we were outside. We walked along the boardwalk, and there was a very tall Tin Soldier statue along the way! That surprised me. We ate lunch at the River Market where there was quite a few number of shops in there like Thai, BBQ, gelato, and Mexican food. I had a pad thai tofu, which was yummy.

Later on in the day, I took a walk in the ravine park near the neighbourhood again and decided to venture a bit deeper on the trail. Along the trail, I didn't see that many people compared to yesterday but I did see someone arrive to go to the tennis courts to play by himself. There was an elderly couple doing laps around the parking lot. While strolling on the trail, I stopped to take in the environment and noticed the birds chirping somewhere. Then the loneliness had set in. I get that sort of feeling when I walk around alone surrounded by nature. The feeling of being so small and insignificant. I don't want to leave behind nothing. I want to leave behind some sort of legacy... something that someone will remember me by whether I finally finish writing the series of novels or short stories, or creating something that is useful to someone. Because as it is, there's nothing and it scares me. I know that I can't please everyone, but I just hope that there's enough people that will enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #14

Flash Fiction #12