Flash Fiction #56

I was inspired recently, so hope you enjoy! ^_^

~~~

Sitting alone on the bench in the train terminal station, I had music blasting at full volume while reading a book. I just missed the train, and there wouldn't be another one for another hour or so. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a little girl on her knees looking for something on the floor. I ignored her, focusing on the book but eventually took out the headphones when she sighed and slouched on the bench beside me as she looked down.

I lowered the book to my lap and faced the little girl. "What are you trying to find?"

She turned towards me with a surprised look. "I lost my bracelet, but I was sure I dropped it near here. I checked all of the other places, and nothing."

"Have you checked the lost and found? Maybe someone found it and dropped it off there."

Her eyes followed mine to the lost and found a ways away, and I chuckled as I could imagine the light bulb turned on inside her brain when her eyes beamed. "Thank you, mister!"

I watched her run off, pull on the door to the lost and found office, and talked with the employee sitting at the computer at the counter. In five minutes, she ran back out towards me with a huge grin. "Thank you so much! I wouldn't know if I lost it for real."

I laughed. "No problem. I'm glad that I could help."

Her Mom called out, "Jessica? Did you find it?"

"Yes I did! This man helped me." Jessica turned around as the Mom walked towards her.

"Thank you so much. Did you thank the young man?"

"Of course I did! I'm hungry, let's get something to eat!"

"Alright." I watched the Mom held Jessica's hand as they walked towards the shopping mall. I couldn't help, but remember someone I knew was just like Jessica back when I was little. My first love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio