Day 2 - [Port Moody]

I took a walk around the small town about east from Vancouver. There was about a 3 km trail around Burrard Inlet that linked about 3 parks around the body of water. It was an interesting sight to see patches of the ground in the middle of the inlet with Canadian Geese chilling on them. I suspect that today was a low tide. I saw several joggers and cyclists on the trail, and they were signs saying that it was a Terry Fox Training Route. I haven't seen that name since I was little. Along the trail, I saw a sign of a potential black bear sighting with rules to follow if you unfortunately come across a bear. I had never seen such a sign before on trails that I visited, so it took me for a surprise.

In one of the parks near the pier, there were so many children running around playing. Then I saw groups of about 3 kids with a piece of paper and pen writing something before running off. I assumed that they were doing some kind of treasure hunt, and it reminded me of when I was little where I did those things at like summer camp and such. When I think about the hundreds of people that I met once through summer camp over the years, I don't really remember any of them now and probably vice versa. I wonder how they are doing right now. It doesn't make me sad, but having real friends that can last is hard. I thought I had lifetime friends, but it wasn't written in the stars sadly.

On this backpacking trip to Vancouver and Japan, I decided to bring only the Acer R11 Chromebook instead of my Asus laptop. The Chromebook is smaller, lighter which makes it more portable, and has longer battery life. It is a bit limited as you mainly have to work in the cloud, but the Asus laptop boots up slower, and only last like 3-4 hours with long usage. It shouldn't pose a problem with mainly writing, entertainment, and hopefully doing some coding exercises/projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio