Mini-Series - Part 5

I shifted myself subtly on the couch,
but enough for Lily to notice.

She backed away quickly, 
her cheeks flushed,
especially after seeing me awake.

"I'm really sorry,"
she said, panicked and embarrassed.
"I should head to bed now."

"What was all of that just now?"
I asked after sitting up.

"I really regret it right now, 
but I was so close to you,
watching, that it... 
just happened."

"It's okay, although a little odd since you're like a sister to me,"
I replied, "but if your brother hears about this,
he's going to kill me."

She was initially crestfallen, but
soon after giggled, putting her hand up to her mouth.
"That's true. It's our little secret.
Good night, Ken. I hope you feel better soon."

When I was alone,
after it had been all done and said,
when I found out that it was only Lily,
I was disappointed it was only her.

My heart still yearns for Emily,
but something inside began to change
slowly and unknowingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #12

Flash Fiction #14