Mini-Series - Part 4

The next time I regained consciousness,
I was lost for a moment
in both time and space,
until I realized I was still on the couch
given the fact that a soft cushion was under me.

Did I just fall asleep on the couch unnoticed?

It was a stressful week from work
aside from the drama with Emily,
maybe Jason left me alone to get some rest.

In the midst of my thoughts,
I realized just now that my lips was connected to another.
My first thought was Emily.

Then I sniffed the surrounding area,
the sweet floral scent of peach apricot floating in the air.
Was this a dream?

I could hear my heart beat pulsing quickly all over my body,
each of my muscles were tightening from their relaxed state,
then I finally opened my eyes
to witness an unlikely scenario.

Although I was so close that I could only see
her closed eyes,
her nose,
and a few strands of black hair falling forwards over her face,
I knew who it was.

Lily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio