Flash Fiction #24

Sorry for the random idea for this flash fiction story. I felt like writing this out, and I'm not sure where this will go. Let's see... Hope you enjoy =)

~~~

"That design looks cool," I said as I was browsing through a kiosk at a mall.

A friend who was working at the same kiosk leaned over to take a closer look. "That looks nice. It's a very cool and simple design. Do you want to wear it to see if it feels comfortable?"

"Sure." I nodded and watched her get the keys to unlock the door of the glass display to get the ring. After placing it on the palm of my left hand, she said, "I'll go check the price of it."

"Thanks." I held it carefully with two fingers and turned it over, noticing just how small and light was the ring. The inside of the ring had an engraving saying it was stainless steel, and matched my stainless steel watch. I tried putting it on and it slid so easily through my fingers. I chuckled silently at the big ring size.

When my friend came back with the catalog book, she told me, "Today is a special promotion so everything is half off; I'll give you a much better discount if you want it since you're my friend."

"I really like it, but the ring is too big for me. Are there other sizes?"

"Sure, hold on a second." She put down the catalog book on a chair, and bent down to open a drawer to pull out many rings that were in storage. After finding the proper size, I marveled at my new ring staring at it from below the light on the ceiling. It was my first ring accessory that I had ever gotten. Especially after what I had went through the previous weeks, that day seemed like the start of a new beginning and a new change for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio