Flash Fiction #23

This flash fiction story was inspired by my first cottage trip the past week. This is dedicated to the group of friends that I cherish and think deeply about every single day. (P.S. You know who you are ^^).

Hope you enjoy this really short idea (out of possibly many more)!

~~~

The past weeks leading up to this day have been a long wait. I sat in the back seat of one of my friend's car, looking outside at the passing scenery at the side of the highway. My legs and hands would always tremble from nervousness, but this time was different. The shakes came from excitement and pure joy.

"We're almost there. Are you excited?" A friend turned around to ask me, smiling.

I looked at her, trying to show my biggest smile yet. "Of course! I've been looking forward to this day since the idea first started months ago."

Then the car made a turn into the forest of trees, and went both up and down the dirt path before slowing down to a halt at the front of the cottage. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before jumping out of the car door. When I did so, I was utterly speechless at the beauty of nature.

We were the first ones here out of the 4 cars. Just looking at the cottage, and the boathouse down below near the lake, it gave such a tranquil feeling. It was so quiet that all you could hear was the unseen birds chirping with the cool, soft breeze from the lake. The weather was perfect under the clear blue sky and bright hot sun, shimmering across the lake. Then we heard a group of cars coming closer after about 15 minutes, and the rest of us came. As we were unloading our belongings for this 3 night 2 day trip, I couldn't help but mutter, "This is paradise."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #12

Flash Fiction #14