Flash Fiction #1: Crush

This was my first Flash Fiction work that I wrote a while ago sometime last year for a contest. In all honesty, I didn't even know what was Flash Fiction at the time so I had to Google it to find out the word limit and requirements on what made a work to be a Flash Fiction. I hope it isn't too bad being it was my first time writing one! Enjoy!

~~~~~~


"Burn it."

Those were the only words that my friend had relayed to me after I gave her my confession letter to give to the girl that I had a crush on for two years. I was too shocked to even comprehend, or even say anything. I didn't even take back the confession letter that I whole-heartedly wrote with all of my feelings, and I just turned around to walk away.

The rest of the school year, even the summer afterwards, was pure hell. I tried my utmost best to keep my sadness inside when I was around other people, but everything came out when I was alone. At the time, I felt as if I lost all purpose to living and the only thoughts that I could think of were suicidal.

Then the next school year came around and nothing changed within me. When I thought all hope was lost, that was when I saw her.

It was during lunch when I was heading to my locker on the second floor, and at that same moment, she was coming downstairs. When I looked up, the sunlight had shone into the building by the window behind her. I felt breathless as I thought time had slowed down at that specific moment. I wished it would last forever. Everything that had happened the past couple of months disappeared like a snap of a finger, and the only word that fit the description of her was angel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

Flash Fiction #14