Valentine's Day; Flash Fiction #2

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. All throughout my life so far, I have always been single so the day is a normal day. It's not special to me. When I look at my friends and other people who are in relationships, it makes me wish that I could experience some of that. But I realize that if I'm patient then I will eventually have a girlfriend. I don't want to rush things. Despite my desire to want to experience it and my ideals on the topic, I honestly don't think I can be a good person to go out with. I don't know if I can make her happy and special. I'm currently happy being single and just having friends and family that I can be with to make more memories. I'm fine with that for now. Besides, my focus in life right now is school, fulfilling my dream, and finding/developing myself first.

I was just thinking a short passage on the spot.

-------

As I was walking through the hallway to get to my locker to put away my school books and get my lunch, every day I saw her by the window near her locker chatting. Even though it was crowded, it felt as if we were the only two students in the hallway. I like everything about her, especially her red hair that makes her hair look a mix of red and orange due to the sun. Even though her focus was on her group of friends, I swear sometimes I would catch her emerald green eyes looking at me as I peek every so often. She was out of my league as she was my senior, and there was no way I had the courage to talk to her even if I had the opportunity.

Then all of a sudden, one day during lunch a friend had walked with me to my locker to get my lunch so that we can eat together outside. He knew about my crush and was curious what she looked like in real life. We saw an older student walked up to my crush and asked, "Will you go out with me?"

Even though I didn't even know my crush's name, I had to do something. Even if I didn't have a chance to talk to her, I couldn't imagine someone else being with her. I was happy just admiring her from afar. Before anything else happen, I ran to try to interrupt the conversation but I ended up tripping on my own shoelace. I fell down, but still ended up pushing the confessor aside. Everybody laughed.

But my crush being the angel that she was had bent down and extended her hand out to help me up. The girl that I admired from afar all of this time had smiled and helped me. I was touched and couldn't forget this day. It may have been the baby steps to something bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #63

Flash Fiction #13

My Impressions of Hinokio