Flash Fiction #51

Writing Prompt: Write about an awkward social encounter.

Hope you enjoy!

~~~

"I don't understand this problem at all!" Maria took her eraser and removed her answer to the math question in her notebook. There were already markings from previous attempts, and she scratched her hair in frustration. "I give up. I'm going to ask Sarah for help."

Maria took her textbook and notebook, and walked down the hallway to her older sister's bedroom. She yelled as she opened the door, "Sarah! Can you please help me with this problem? I've been stuck for 30 minutes already!"

Maria's mouth dropped open, and her eyes wide with shock as she witnessed Sarah and her boyfriend in a make-out session on the bed. Sarah noticed her younger sister at the doorway, and gently pushed her boyfriend away from her, frazzled.  "Maria, the least you can do is knock!"

Maria blushed at the sight and thought of her sister and her boyfriend kissing, and bowed. "I'm really sorry! I'll leave you two alone!" She slammed the door shut, and ran back to her room, panting. She thought, Taylor and Sarah kissing? I need to get rid of that mental image as fast as I can! So gross!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #14

Flash Fiction #12