Flash Fiction #61

It was another school day. I placed my right hand on my chest in an attempt to try to calm down. It would beat so fast whenever I saw him get on the next subway platform. The only thing I knew about him was the book he was reading and his black framed glasses. As the train car arrived at the platform, I let out a deep breath as I stood off to the side in the train car. As I predicted, he walked into the train car on the other end with a book up to his eyes. My heart started to beat quickly despite trying to calm down moments earlier. My face started to turn red and I tried to hide it beneath my scarf. 

Then I noticed he didn't have his glasses on, and there was someone with him. A girl. I tried to lean forward to get a better look, and she was beautiful with long, wavy black hair. She had her arm around the boy's arm. My heart sank in depression as I thought, "He's no longer single."

I didn't do anything to bridge the gap between him and I through all of those days when I noticed him, but knowing he was no longer single, I regretted my indecision. All of those days where my heart fluttered just looking at him, he didn't seem so special anymore. He was just another boy. My heart didn't race anymore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #14

Flash Fiction #12