Flash Fiction #54

Writing Prompt: Have someone looking for something that is lost.

Hope you enjoy!

~~~

Maria ran up and down the street as she stared intensely for the bracelet that she had gotten as a gift. "Where is it? I can't believe I lost it!" She screamed at herself from within. She could feel the rush in the heart beat, and beads of sweat forming on her forehead and back of the neck.

"I'm sure it must be here somewhere. I checked at home, and at school. I couldn't find it anywhere. How can I be so careless?"

Maria cried when she realized the bracelet was lost, and wanted to cry even more while running around. "I can't cry. Tears won't find my bracelet."

When she saw a bracelet near an alleyway, she jumped at it with disappointment. "It's just some junk." She lowered her head at her bad luck, but she got up with renewed enthusiasm unwilling to show defeat.

After walking down the same route from her home to school for thirty minutes, she wiped the sweat with her handkerchief. Just as she was going to give up, she saw something shiny on the ground and ran for it. Just moments before going in to pick it up, she bumped into someone that was also reaching for it. She yelled, "Watch where you're going!"

"Maria? Is this yours?"

Maria glanced up to see Ray with her bracelet. "Yes! Thank you so much, Ray!"

Ray extended an hand out for her, but Maria got up herself and took the bracelet from him. Ray said, "It must be pretty important to you to be sweating for this."

"Of course! I got this from someone important, so I can't lose this."

"Boyfriend?" Ray wasn't too excited to hear the news of this "special someone" that Maria was referring to in her response.

"Eeeeh... It's... complicated." Maria looked down, but she shook it off with a smile at the thought she found the bracelet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

Flash Fiction #14